1. Cooking with your children
2. Go for a hike/walk
3. Start traditions (watching movies, baking cookies, trimming the tree, writing a letter to Santa).
4. Ride bikes
5. Take pictures
6. Take a day vacation to your nearest museum or zoo.
7. Ask the teacher for things to work on at home.
8. Build a snowman (if it snows)
9. Visit a nursing home or someone shut in. Take a goody basket. Begin teaching children to be observant and care for others.
10. Rake a yard if there are leaves/clean off a neighbors porch
11. Read books
12. Take a trip to the library
13. Always take time to play
14. Make hot chocolate and watch a movie
15. Make popcorn and take a break
Many of these things are about staying busy, building traditions and having fun. Time is something you can never get back. What are some things you enjoy doing with your child?