- Make sure when you are setting up an art center that you are using materials that are nontoxic, and washable!
Remember the Art center should be for children to explore, so plan activities that expose the children to different textures, colors, and ideas. Let them be creative.
So many times in today’s society, children are given a laptop, I Pad or IPhone to play with. Children need to develop a sense of security within themselves and be creative.
You will want to use all types of material in your art center.
1. All sizes of crayons, pencils, and markers.
3. Ink Pads
4. Tape (they have really fun tape now!)
6. Construction paper, butcher paper, newspaper
8. Stick glue and runny glue
9. Bingo daubers
11. Craft Sticks
13 bubble wrap
14. Card board (Plain and corrugated)
15. Gift wrap
16. Paper bags
17. Paper towels
I know you are thinking "wow" that is a lot of stuff. This list is a list of ideas! ONLY! You should NEVER put all of these things in a center at once. You need to model and introduce students to these different materials.